What is holistic counseling?
Holistic counseling incorporates the best available techniques for mental and emotional exploration and transformation that are possible without using hypnosis.
From our backgrounds in hypnotherapy, we are accustomed to guiding our clients to create deep and lasting change in a short amount of time. We bring this approach and commitment to rapid and powerful transformation into our holistic counseling sessions.
Our counseling sessions are more than just providing good advice. Our holistic counseling draws upon various cutting edge and solutions-focused methodologies, including:
- Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)
- The Work as taught by Byron Katie
- Resource Method – Emotional Resilience Training
Specific therapeutic activities used in holistic counseling sessions include:
- Guided self-inquiry to uncover your core values, drives, and limiting or negative assumptions and beliefs
- Guided self-inquiry into your thoughts and feelings
- Examination of and feedback on your lifestyle components – familial, social, nutritional, environmental, occupational, spiritual, etc.
- Active, guided reframing of situations, events, themes and dynamics in your life
- Providing you with perspective and context to remove judgment, shame and guilt
- Reworking limiting perspectives and assumptions
- Teaching you self-management techniques informed by the latest science on resilience
- Emotional education so you better understand your feelings and what to do with them
These sessions often include homework and practices to continue outside the sessions. As with everything we do, our goal is your transformation; greater connection to self, others and the world; and moving out of limited, unexamined automatic responses and into an open, spacious relationship to your thoughts and feelings.
Who is holistic counseling for?
Life rarely stands still, and when it does, chances are your mind does not. Whether you’re looking for a total overhaul of your thoughts and emotional patterns, for support through a life transition, or simply to fine-tune and improve your level of resilience and skillfulness in dealing with life, holistic counseling can help.
Do I need to be doing hypnotherapy sessions too?
Absolutely not. These sessions stand on their own.
What if I am already coming for hypnotherapy?
Our holistic counseling sessions are great adjunct sessions to work on goal setting, accountability, and deep, guided inquiry into your thoughts, emotions, and feelings. These are powerful sessions designed for immediate turnarounds on conflicting or difficult thoughts and perspectives that are no longer serving you.
How much does it cost?
$80 for 55 minutes.
How do you book a session?
Book a session via our “Book Appointment” page.
Sessions are available for in-person or Skype/phone.